Ref: AH/ 2000287
Location: West Berks
Salary: to 35k + 4k car allowance & bonus to 6% + comprehensive benefits
This role will require travel to other offices and customer sites, therefore a valid drivers’ licence is essential
- Providing technical leadership and support for designing, delivering and operating the hosted systems for internal and external customer production systems
- Hands on support of the infrastructure including servers, networks, firewalls, virtualisation, monitoring tools and telephony systems
- Responsible for delivering the infrastructure uptime 24/7 as part of an on call rota.
- Support of projects to delivery customer solutions, optimisation of software, new products to market.
- Providing ownership to supplier and partners for designing and operating specific customer solutions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within the team to design solutions, products and services to augment the system value proposition.
- Work within the team to define systems policies covering IT, Security, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Work with customers in pre-sales and post sales discussions and activities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Managing, prioritising and progressing their adopted calls, in particular:
- Effectively and promptly resolving calls, ensuring old calls are kept to a minimum
- Accurately investigating, identifying and rectifying both the causes and the symptoms of problems
- Providing work-arounds to minimise the impact of problems when this is appropriate
- Implementing solutions to the customers’ best advantage and ensuring the call resolutions meet the working and business practices of the customer
- Escalating calls and seeking advice when appropriate
- Review and liaise with 3rd party suppliers in order to purchase new equipment ensuring that it is fit for purpose and complies with defined policies
- Work with 3rd parties to ensure that build documentation is completed and recovery process available
- Review existing infrastructure and ensure that it is fit for purpose and meets the business needs
- Work with partners and other departments to champion the design and delivery of high quality cost effective solutions for customers and corporate IT.
- Work with local IT teams to ensure that critical issues are managed and a communication plan is followed when dealing with these.
- Work with local IT teams to ensure that skills, licences and policy are up to a sufficient standard to run the local infrastructure.
- Provide operational management of the infrastructure including backups, user creation, software rollout and telephony systems.
- Undertaking any other projects as required by their Manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level in a Technical subject i.e Computer Science
- Experience of working within a technical function as part of a SaaS or IaaS Provider or as part of a larger enterprise where scalability and cloud services were deployed.
- Experience of networking topologies, qualifications beneficial
- Experience of managing and configuring VMWare environments, virtualisation technologies,telephone systems, firewalls and server configuration, switching, IP, VLans.
- Experience of IT infrastructure server and desktop technologies and with a proven ability to assess new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Unix/Linux operating system experience.
- Experience of deploying and operating monitoring and reporting tools for availability and performance reporting is desirable.
- Be able to investigate unfamiliar problems and generate an effective solution in a systematic and logical manner
- Have excellent customer care and strong interpersonal skills
- Project a professional image
- Be adaptable and work as an effective member of a team
- Be organised and manage own workload efficiently
- Maintain a professional standard of communication at all levels
- Work conscientiously and use initiative
- Be calm under pressure and manage stressful situations
- Adopt a positive, pro-active approach to work
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here