Software Test Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000284
Salary: £competitive + good benefits package
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Test and Analysis group within the Software Tools team of this highly successful software house. This group is responsible for quality assurance of our client's software tools, by providing an independent test and analysis capability. This is important to external customers and also to internal developers via a fast system of continuous integration and test.
You will be required to contribute to a tight-knit team of test engineers by developing manual and automated tests, and improving and maintaining the test harness.
- Design tests and test strategies to ensure products meet their requirements.
- Perform manual testing and raise bug reports.
- Use software diagnostic skills to reduce bugs in large applications to minimal examples.
- Develop tests that can be run automatically within test frameworks.
- Use scripting skills in Python and XML to contribute to the development of test frameworks.
- Write documentation for test and test frameworks.
- Contribute to the Agile development process which is used for all work.
- Ability to read and understand C/C++ code in order to understand low-level testing activity.
- Competent in scripting languages such as Python.
- Familiar with XML structures and usage.
- Ability to work within an Agile team.
- Experience in software test processes, a qualification in software test methodologies would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of writing test programs in a high level language or a scripting language.
- Previous experience of embedded systems programming.
- Knowledge of computer architectures at the assembly level.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate good communication skills and technical credibility.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here