Ref: AH/ 2000279
Location: West Berks
Salary: c. 30k + bonus to 8% + comprehensive benefits
Based in West Berkshire, our client is a very successful software solutions company. Working as part of a cross-functional project team, the QA Engineer will ensure product quality by generating and executing product functionality tests and identifying, raising and reporting product defects to a Test Lead.
- Work with Test Lead to review project plans and determine monthly work plans, provide weekly status reports, and plan own time to ensure completion of objectives so that the test schedule is delivered to specified project timescales.
- Write test cases in line with a specification to test a piece of functionality, identify and investigate ambiguities in tests and gain agreement from Development Leads on proposed solutions
- Execute test cases on specific areas of product functionality and check outcomes against expected results
- Proactively investigate, identify and implement processes to increase testing efficiency
- Represent a specific area of Product Test in change request review boards
- Monitor test outcomes to assess overall impact on functionality and project timelines, raising significant results to Test Lead and updating key stakeholders
- Produce reports as directed on number of tests executed, significant results, gaps in coverage, opportunities and risks to allow Test Lead to track overall progress, make efficiency improvements and reliably manage projects
- Explain test results, trends and potential issues to relevant software developers, technical writers and other departments, and seek feedback. Provide recommendations to direct further test activity
- Enter defects into the defect tracking system by recording the steps that were taken to exercise the functionality and the technical problem that occurred, so that tests can be easily replicated and results can be analysed by the project team
- Coach junior Test Engineers on technical issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of manual execution of test cases to test a complex application or component in a commercial environment
- Writing and amending test cases to test the functionality of software against specifications and ensure coverage across projects
- Detailed knowledge of the testing responsibilities and processes within the Software Development Lifecycle
- Producing written reports on test activities, opportunities and risks, and explain recommendations to management.
- Identifying defects (software, documentation, etc.), raising and tracking them to resolution
- Identifying and implementing process improvements for test efficiency
- Scripting to aid manual testing (using languages such as Python, Perl, Visual Basic)
- Contributing to Test Estimates and Test Planning
- Using Test Automation tools to create test scripts, based on manual test steps (using tools such as QTP or WinRunner, or languages such as Perl or Python)
- An Accounting or Business Studies qualification, for example Degree, BTEC, HND or AAT
- Good general knowledge of accounting principles to trial balance level(Accounts)
- Good general knowledge of trading principles
- ISEB Foundation
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here