Ref: AH/ 2000276
Location: West Berks
Salary: 25 - 36k + bonus (up to 8%) + extensive benefits
Based in west Berkshire near Newbury, our client is a very successful software solutions company. They are currently seeking software engineers. As a member of the Software Engineering department, the successful candidates will be involved in the full software lifecycle, developing software as part of a project team to create the next generation of our client's products.
- Write code as directed to deliver against specified project timescales, quality and functionality requirements
- Design small software components that form part of a larger solution, in line with specified project timescales, quality and functionality requirements
- Conduct Unit, System and Integration testing on own code, fixing errors and entering defects into the defect tracking system
- Submit code, designs and specifications to peer reviews and make modifications in line with the feedback received
- Make modifications to code in line with change requests assigned so that the defect is resolved and the specification is met
- Participate in peer reviews of code, designs and specifications, making suggestions to increase quality
- Schedule own time to deliver against assigned priorities in line with agreed project timescales
- Provide clear updates on progress against assigned tasks
- Escalate any problems and exceptions that need to be addressed in a timely manner, with suggested solutions or workarounds
- Suggest improvements to departmental standards and procedures
- Provide estimates of time required for allocated tasks so that the Development Lead can make accurate decisions on project plans and commitments.
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with department members
Ideal Qualifications and Experience
- Developed commercial software through all stages of a SDLC
- C/C++ development experience
- Script language development experience – Perl, Python, Bash, Tcl
- Degree in Computer Science
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here