Ref: AH/ 2000274
Salary: c. 35k
Our client is a highly successful software house, specialising in the development of software tools. They require an experienced Technical Writer. The successful candidate will join the Documentation Team and create, update and improve the materials provided to software house developers worldwide. In addition to techincal writing skills, the ability to create tutorial videos would be a distinct advantage.
You must be motivated and adaptable, and be eligible to work legally within the British Isles. Sadly, we cannot accept applicants working on a visa for this position.
- Create clear, structured, logical, and precise documentation for a range of software development tools, including compilers, debuggers, and performance analysis software.
- Liaise with the Developer Services and Product Development teams to create training materials and tutorials where required.
- Work with the Documentation Team to maintain and improve production methods and workflows.
- Provide compact, illustrative screen shots of products on various operating systems and UI combinations.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a technical writer.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Familiarity with writing based on a style guide, such as the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP) or The Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS).
- A confident user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency with a graphics package such as Adobe Photoshop or Corel Paint Shop Pro for capturing, editing and annotating product screen shots.
- Experience of creating tutorial videos for software applications.
- Knowledge of API documentation tools, such as Doxygen.
- Involvement in creating vector drawings, diagrams, and toolbar icons with packages such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Exposure to DITA production methods.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here