ERP Accounts Systems Consultant
Salary: to 40k + bonus to 6% + car allowance (£5781) + benefits package
Location: home based central/Midlands to enable travel to Berks HQ, other offices & client sites
A valid UK driving licence is ESSENTIAL for this position
Our client, a leading player in the ERP solutions market, is seeking an additional ERP Accounts Systems Consultant.
- To assist in the demonstration, installation and implementation of Trading or Accounts systems at customer sites delivering consultancy services focusing on ERP implementations in particular; will require installation of our client’s other company systems as required.
- To liaise with other departments and customers during the implementation and to assist in the resolution of problems on behalf of the customer resulting from the practical application of the software.
- Providing support, knowledge transfer and assisting System Consultants as necessary.
- The role involves travel to customer sites across UK, Scotland and Ireland and may also include overseas travel and travel to our other offices in UK, Ireland, Netherlands and South Africa.
- To take a lead within the implementation teams responsible for the installation and setup of systems, and to advise both consultants and customers on the use of accounts specific software modules for their particular business.
- To provide Accounts and associated applications training and demonstrations, preparing for and undertaking demonstrations to support presale consultancy.
- To provide Accounts application training & consultancy for the customer.
- To take responsibility within an implementation to ensure all customer documentation is completed and in particular that a pre live check list is completed and that the customer is ready to go live.
- To resolve, or assist in the resolution, of customer problems and queries arising from the implementation and subsequent live operation of standard or modified software at customer sites.
- To attend project meetings when required, internally or with clients, to gain or impart knowledge on current status of projects and to document details when appropriate.
- To assist the support function at all times on current or previously implemented systems, as and when required, by taking support calls from clients when appropriate.
- To liaise with the customers to define, or help define, specifications for modifications to the software related to the implementation of a system.
- To assist the development team with understanding of specifications during the development of modifications and subsequently test and document developed changes.
- To train colleagues in the operation of modified software, as and when required, to ensure a smooth hand over of projects to the support function.
- To train the customer’s project team and provide knowledge transfer in the operation of modified software, as and when required.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
- Production and submission of consultancy documentation in line with company procedures and submitted in a timely manner. Timesheet completion in line with company procedures.
- Demonstrable configuration, installation and implementation experience relating to ERP including GO LIVE’S including working knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Exposure to various operating systems such as LINUX, UNIX, XP, VISTA
- Exposure or qualification in PRINCE 2 or other recognised project methodology.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an implementer for a software house or senior experience gained in the distribution sector such as a Builders Merchant, Plumbers Merchant, Electrical Wholesaler or other distribution or ERP businesses.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of at least one area of expertise, such as Trading or Financial systems.
- Excellent customer service and customer facing skills, to work alongside customers on and off site.
- Knowledge of Database platforms for ERP solutions e.g. Oracle or similar
- A degree in Business or Information Technology would be desirable.
- AAT or recognised Accountancy qualification would be desirable for undertaking Accounts Consultancy work.
- The role may involve travel within the UK and overseas.
- A valid driving licence is essential.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here