PC & Web-based Applications Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000268
Location: North Herts
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate. You will be working with cutting edge technologies on world leading products. The software group use the latest Windows development tools to contribute to the development of the GUI and control and measurement features in innovative, high performance, powerful wireless based products.
As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to use and develop your PC application and web based development skills. It will broaden your knowledge by giving you exposure to the latest mobile communications technologies (LTE Advanced, Multi Carrier etc.) and by working within a highly skilled multidisciplinary team.
This is an opportunity to get involved in the development of the next generation of innovative GUI development and to be part of a highly skilled team developing high quality, Windows PC GUIs.
In addition our client offers friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days' holiday plus all UK public holidays and an excellent benefits package including childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant and even free refreshments!
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
- Extensive experience of implementation using C# and .NET
- Proficiency of OO based analysis and design
- Proficiency in Visual Studio in a PC development environment, including debugging
- Experience of developing multi-threaded and socket based applications
- Ability to write clear, portable, maintainable and efficient code
- Ability to write concise and accurate documentation
- Ability and willingness to work methodically within a defined process to produce high quality software
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Cooperative team player, who is pragmatic and adaptable
- Has the ability to show initiative and be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of WPF
- Have previously worked in a mobile communications or instrumentation environment
- Knowledge of LTE and HSPA+
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here