Image Processing/Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000267
Location: South Cambs
Our client is a consulting engineering practice, south of Cambridge. They currently seek an engineer with image processing experience to join the imaging team, who are developing novel algorithms for a wide range of applications from medical to avionics.
The role mixes algorithm exploration with implementation and integration on a number of different processor/hardware platforms. Although the position will be focused on image processing, we are also keen to hear from engineers with a more general digital signal processing background who have solid mathematical and implementation skills.
The responsibilities of the role include identifying innovative solutions to customer problems, analysing and optimising the most appropriate mathematical approach and working with others to integrate the solution into a working system.
We would expect successful candidates to have the following skills and experience:
- A good degree in engineering, maths or computer science
- C, C++ or an equivalent high level language
- Knowledge of image processing techniques
- Algorithm exploration and implementation (possibly in a non-imaging area)
- Real time system integration
- PC based image processing and associated graphics technology
- A masters or PhD in a topic related to image processing
- enthusiastic team player, but be able to work independently
- Outgoing and willing to push your own ideas into discussions
- Creative in looking for novel solutions to problems
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here