Ref: AH/ 2000266
Salary: to 45k + bens
Our client is a market leading manufacturer with a global reach. This is a great opportunity to join them as they continue to grow in the UK.
Purpose of Role
With proven cross-functional team working skills and a methodical and systematic approach, you will:
- Specify, design, validate and maintain software tools (GUI, API, drivers etc.) to support our client’s Product Performance Group function, delivered within timescales agreed with the group/project manager.
- Implement product development lifecycle process, product design and validation standards.
- Support engineers within Performance Group and other users of the software within the company.
- Specify, design, validate and maintain robust reliable software tools, (GUI, API, drivers etc.) for use by the Product Performance Group delivered within agreed timescales.
- Work closely with the Product Performance Group engineers to identify requirements and to solve problems
- Produce well structured, modular and maintainable code
- Track down bugs and fix complex software and systems issues in a timely manner
- Assist the Product Performance Group engineers as they use the software tools
Qualifications & Experience
- 1st or 2.1 Honours degree in a mathematical/engineering/scientific subject
- A minimum of five years' professional experience developing object oriented desktop applications in C# using Microsoft Windows development tools (Visual Studio 2008 or later) and .NET (3.0 or later)
- Experience of WPF based GUIs
- Experience of API development
- Experience of revision control and change tracking systems
- Experience of designing software within a scientific/engineering environment - highly desirable
- Knowledge of C++ and Windows Forms - highly desirable
- Some Ethernet, IP networking, USB (2.0/3.0)
- Some database experience
- Some embedded experience
- Some experience using Linux and Python
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here