Location: South Cambs
Our client is emerging as one of the leading providers within its target market. The company's products use radio communications to link remote equipment back to a central database and web server in order to allow the equipment be managed from HQ.
The role of Database Developer covers a variety of database development projects including development of the central database application and interfacing this database to a variety of external processes written in different languages. The role will also require ad hoc manipulation of data from external sources into required formats.
Additionally, the company has a number of internal administrative databases that require further development. Whilst the main part of the role is for database and interface software development, there will also be plenty of opportunity to get involved in other aspects of software development for the successful candidate.
You are likely to have all or many of the following skills and experience:
- A good engineering/software engineering degree
- Several years database development experience in a variety of environments
- Experience of interfacing databases with external software
- Experience of ‘C’ program development
- Programming/development within a Linux environment
Technical experience in the following areas will be considered an advantage:
- Firebird database development
- MS Access database development
- Python development
You will be:
- An enthusiastic team player, but be able to work independently
- Prepared to do what is required in a small start up company environment
- Be prepared to learn new skills as necessary
- Have good organisation skills
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here