Test Automation Analyst (Software)
Ref: AH/ 2000254
Location: West Berks
Salary: to c. 37k + bonus + excellent benefits package
*** Please note that it is ESSENTIAL that you have experience of a stock control/warehouse/distribution type application ***Based in West Berkshire, our client is an IT Solutions company undergoing continued success and growth. A vacancy exists within the Research & Development Department for a QA Test Automation Analyst. This is a good opportunity to join a small team environment where you will participate in the creation and maintenance of test automation scripts using HP QTP for a variety of software development projects.
- To develop and maintain automated test scripts in HP QTP using various documents provided by the R&D team and liaising directly with the team.
- Work with a pilot customer on their QTP project and review how best you can work together on creating scripts and learning how best to achieve results using QTP with our client's applications.
- To develop and maintain some manual test scripts in HP QC to supplement the test automation scripts.
- Mentor other QA staff in the use of HP QTP, test script preparation and best practice.
- HP QC report generation and maintenance.
- Work with a fellow team member on promoting the use of QTP and how best you can work as a team.
- Ensure that the documentation provided by the R&D team is adequate and fit for the purpose of creating automation scripts and to return if unsatisfactory to ensure quality of the product release.
- Although primarily an automated testing role you will be expected to carry out manual testing when appropriate.
- To advise colleagues in the remedial action needed to resolve system errors and deficiencies, documenting the issue and making any recommendations as appropriate.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps.
- Industry knowledge – experience of one or more Distribution Markets
- At least 2 years’ experience of working as a Test Automation specialist
- Must have HP QC/QTP experience and very good VB skills – 2 years minimum
- Familiarity with micro/minicomputer concepts and systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows, and applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project)
- The role MAY involve travel within the UK and overseas. A valid driving licence is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals; able to maintain effective work relationships
- Able to work under pressure with limited time, direction and guidance with a pragmatic approach to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Good client facing skills
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here