Actuator Development Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000252
Purpose of Role
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
The company's drop on demand printhead technology is based on piezoelectric actuator technology.
The actuator is the print engine of the company's printheads and is the core technology. The actuator team is the design authority for all actuators and development of new actuators.
This role is to coordinate both external and internal actuator development projects, working with manufacturing and engineering departments as well as external bodies, e.g. universities.
- Scope out actuator development projects
- Complete design phase of project
- Coordinate the delivery of development projects
- Understanding development actuator design and transferring into actuator build
- Understanding the company's manufacturing processes
- Understanding Actuator Testing
A key part of this role is liaising with other teams, so good communication skills are essential. The building of relationships across the company will be essential to the successful completion of this role.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level, preferably, in Mechanical Engineering, or science related subject
- Good scientific background
- Experience of both analytical and Finite Element modelling
- Project management experience: demonstrated ability to complete development projects: converting designs into prototypes.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here