Electronics Design Engineer - FPGA
Ref: AH/ 2000250
Salary: to 45k
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
Purpose of Role
- To work as part of the product development team, developing FPGA code.
- Responsible for defining and developing the specifications for the VHDL used in the products
- Support existing code base and fix issues as required
- Interpret product requirements and develop functional requirements specifications for VHDL code.
- Design and validate robust, reliable code
- Align deliverables with Program Schedules
- Analyse complex system issues
- Develop test benches to verify and prove VHDL code functionality
- Staying focused on the end goal / deliverable
- Responding to unexpected changes in priorities
- Work under pressure when required
- Work towards tight deadlines
- Diligent with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and analyse complex systems in a methodical way
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems
- Willingness to take the initiative
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide audience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- 1st or 2.1 Class Honours degree in Electronic Engineering
- A minimum of five years' experience of developing products which incorporate FPGA devices.
- Good understanding of Electronics production process for volume manufacture including PCB assembly and test processes
- In depth knowledge of
- Proven FPGA design experience using VHDL
- Use of simulation and test bench tools for VHDL development
- High speed digital design including CPU and DDR memory interfaces
- High speed communications e.g. USB, Gigabit Ethernet
- Design techniques to meet ESD and EMC standards
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here