Network Security Engineers
Ref: AH/ 2000248
Salary: to £50,000 (depending on experience) plus 5% bonus and 10% on-call allowance
Working for this leading solutions provider, you will be a subject matter expert in security for the Customer Solution Implementation (CSI) team.
The main part of the role is to configure and deploy Customer Security Solutions, manage migrations and in-life management. You will also provide specialist network security support to other teams within Technical Operations (including the second line Technical Operations Shift Engineering team) as well as a number of teams outside of Technical Operations, including Solutions Consulting (pre-sales), Customer Engineering, Network Engineering, Hosting Solutions and IS.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Low level design, build, deployment and documentation of the client Customer Security Solutions.
- Working closely with Project Management, Sales Consultants and Customer Engineering/Professional Services to understand customer requirements and deliver solutions accordingly.
- Good Customer interaction (both internal and external) will be crucial to the success of the responsibilities described above.
- Act as point of escalation for customer issues that cannot be resolved by the operational teams (during business hours)
- Working with Operations management to identify knowledge gaps in Service Delivery and Customer Operations teams, to rectify these gaps and assist with training of security responsibilities into the relevant functions.
- Point of contact for security threats (analysis and qualification of known vulnerabilities and liaising with the relevant departments about risks/possible corrective actions)
- May get involved in Core and Internal Network Security design and Security Product Development.
- Certifications or proven equivalent experience required on Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint and Watchguard Security platforms (CCSP, CCSE, JNCIS-FWV) and Cisco Routing platforms (CCNP, CCIP)
- In-depth working knowledge of IP protocols, Routing, Switching, Network topologies and design, IPSEC and SSL based VPNs
- Working experience of Network Intrusion Detection Systems (commercial and Open Source)
- Working experience of UNIX and Windows Operating Systems
- Information Security Management System (ISO 27001)
- Experience working experience in Network Security Support and Design role working in an ISP or Financial environment or as a Network Security Consultant
- Penetration testing and vulnerability scanning with commercial and Open Source tools is a plus
- Scripting experience is a plus
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here