Senior Pre-Sales Consultant (ERP)
Ref: AH/ 2000247
Location: W. Berks
Salary: c. £35k + £6k car allowance +bonus +VG benefits
Based in West Berkshire, our client is an IT business solutions company undergoing continued success and growth.
- In this role, you will work with the Sales Executive to gain a solid understanding of business requirements of both prospective and existing customers. You will listen to the customer to ensure that you understand what they are asking for, but you will also take the initiative in offering and validating alternative approaches where you believe that this may better meet the need.
- You will document these requirements, including any developments that may be required, and will build presentations that professionally demonstrate our products and services to customers and prospects in order to meet their business challenges.
- Your focus will be on major accounts and you will support the sales activity from initial contact right through to completion of the sales process. On completion of a sale, you will then brief the implementation team on customer requirements, demonstrating proposed solutions. You will also provide support to the team in the initial implementation activities.
- The role may involve travel within the UK and overseas. A valid driving licence is essential.
- Working with the sales team to respond to ITTs and customer RFIs.
- Attending regular meetings and leading workshops with customers and prospects to gain a thorough understanding of business requirements and producing documentation that reflects this understanding.
- Building and delivering software presentations that demonstrate to customers that their requirements are fully understand and their business challenges can be meet with confidence.
- Liaising with both the Development and Professional Services teams to translate customer requirements into real software and business propositions and communicating these to the customer.
- Enhancing core Demonstration Systems capabilities and building re-usable demonstration scenarios, obviating the need to re-create these scenarios in their entirety for each presentation.
- Keeping core Demonstration Systems up to date with current software versions, periodically releasing new packs to Sales.
- In this commercial role, you will be a joining a highly focused sales team. You will be results driven and will enjoy working in a busy sales environment.
- The successful candidate will possess a very good all-round working knowledge of an integrated trading and financial ERP system and its application within a business, ideally gained in a pre-sale, consultancy or in a hands-on role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate meaningfully at both Board and end user level
- Good presentation skills, both in terms of preparation and delivery. The ability to present in a structured manner up to Board level is required.
- Willing to provide thought, leadership, whilst always being mindful and respectful of the views of customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals and maintain an effective working relationship within a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure with limited time and direction and to work to deadlines
- Be adaptable, work conscientiously with attention to detail and use own initiative
- Adopt a positive, pro-active attitude to work
- Ability to recognise how, when and to whom an issue should be escalated
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here