Service Management Systems Consultant
Ref: AH/ 2000244
Location: Tyne & Wear
Salary: c. 26k + £5,800 car allowance + benefits
Based in Tyne & Wear, my client is a market leading software company providing software environments for specialist distribution, wholesale, and retail industry sectors.
This role may involve travel to other sites both within the UK and abroad, therefore a valid driver’s licence is desirable.
- To assist in the demonstration, installation and implementation of our client's ERP systems. Delivering consultancy services focusing on Field Service Management implementations in particular (but will require installation of other systems as required).
- To liaise with other departments and customers during the implementation and to assist in the resolution of problems on behalf of the customer resulting from the practical application of the software.
- Providing support, knowledge transfer and assisting Project Manages, Support Desk and Development Team as necessary.
- The role involves travel to customer sites across UK, Scotland and Ireland and may also include overseas travel including our offices in Ireland, Netherlands and South Africa.
- To take a lead within the implementation teams responsible for the installation and setup of systems, and to advise Project Managers, Developers and customers on the use of system specific software modules for their particular business.
- To provide ERP and associated applications training and demonstrations, preparing for and undertaking demonstrations to support presale consultancy.
- To provide application training & consultancy for the customer.
- To take responsibility within an implementation to ensure all customer documentation is completed and in particular that a pre live check list is completed and that the customer is ready to go live.
- To resolve, or assist in the resolution, of customer problems and queries arising from the implementation and subsequent live operation of standard or modified software at customer sites.
- To attend project meetings when required, internally or with clients, to gain or impart knowledge on current status of projects and to document details when appropriate.
- To assist the support function at all times on current or previously implemented systems, as and when required, by taking support calls from clients when appropriate.
- To liaise with the customers to define, or help define, specifications for modifications to the software related to the implementation and day to day use of the system.
- To assist the development team with understanding of specifications during the development of modifications and subsequently test and document developed changes.
- To train colleagues in the operation of modified software, as and when required, to ensure a smooth hand over of projects to the support function.
- To train the customer’s project team and provide knowledge transfer in the operation of modified software, as and when required.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
- Production and submission of consultancy documentation in line with company procedures and submitted in a timely manner. Logging of hours in line with company procedures.
- Demonstrable configuration, installation and implementation experience relating to GO LIVEs including working knowledge of field service management industry or manufacturing industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Exposure to various operating systems such as LINUX, UNIX, XP, VISTA
- A degree in Business or Information Technology would be desirable
- ITIL Certification is desirable but not essential
- Exposure or qualification in PRINCE 2 or other recognised project methodology
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an implementer for a software house or senior experience gained in the service management or manufacturing sector or other ERP businesses
- Requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of at least one area of expertise such as an integrated service management or manufacturing system
- Excellent customer service and customer facing skills to work alongside customers on and off site
- Knowledge of Database platforms for Field Service Management or ERP solutions e.g. Oracle or similar
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here