Ref: AH/ 2000243
Location: Tyne & Wear
Salary: c. 20k dep. on experience
Benefits after probationary period include pension 2% EE, 2% ER), Life Assurance
Based in Tyne & Wear, my client is a market leading software company providing software environments for specialist distribution, wholesale, and retail industry sectors.
You will be responsible for creating, maintaining and improving our client's software products as part of a small, friendly team. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn and improve your software development skills, as well as having input into the direction and focus of the team and product, knowing that your ideas and opinion count.
This role may require travel, therefore a valid driver’s licence is desirable
- Develop software, developer tests and supporting documentation to the agreed standards to meet business requirements in the agreed timescale.
- Assist with software design by advising on the technical aspects of any development where required.
- Handover sufficient knowledge of software developed to the relevant stakeholders so that the software can go through the testing process, user documentation can be developed and the software can be supported.
- Assist the support and consultancy functions in the problem resolution of current or previously developed software.
- Attend project meetings when required, internally or with clients, to gain or impart knowledge on current status of projects and to document details.
- Requires knowledge ordinarily acquired from a 2.1 degree or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other scientific disciplines containing considerable computing content and excellent A-Levels including mathematics.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Oracle, Windows and UNIX/Linux.
- Familiarity with Visual Basic or SQL.
- Ability to organise and present complex solutions clearly and accurately.
- Demonstrated analytical and design skills to interpret specifications and design efficient software solutions to meet their requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A confident and mature approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage your own time, prioritise and execute tasks under pressure
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here