R&D Test Technician
Ref: AH/ 2000240
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
You will be responsible for running tests on printheads, gathering data for design studies and product validation. Tests must be carried out diligently in accordance with best practice and project requirements; producing quality data for analysis with the design team. This requires an ability to understand the fundamental printing process coupled with excellent attention to detail.
The role offers a wide variety of challenges and the chance to make a significant contribution to design / performance of the product.
The job will involve exposure to a variety of inks and related test fluids. It is a requirement of employment that the candidate undertakes a satisfactory health risk assessment prior to hiring.
- Develop a solid understanding of the fundamental operating principles of inkjet.
- Understand how the tests support the design process.
- Focused on getting the right data to support the right questions.
- To be knowledgeable about testing processes and develop further insight into printhead performance.
- Setup and operate test equipment, following documented procedures as required.
- Ensure equipment is fit for purpose before and after test. Record and report issues. Ability to diagnose and provide solutions.
- Health & Safety.
- Understanding the purpose of the tests and delivering quality results
- Identifying and investigating any unusual results
- The ability to work unsupervised for periods of time
- Learning curve can be quite steep
- The work can be of a repetitive nature
- Responding to unexpected changes in priorities
- The R&D department can be pressurised and works to tight deadlines.
- Diligent with good attention to detail and quality
- Methodical and disciplined approach
- Desire to know why and how things work
- Ability to present data in simple formats e.g. graphs and tables
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems
- Good technical background and willing to learn
- Desire to improve all aspects of working environment
- Ability to handle open-ended tasks as well as prescriptive procedures
- Good team worker
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- HNC / HND / degree in a relevant discipline
- A good grounding in Maths and Physics
- A good command of English
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Experience of product testing / validation
- Experience in digital print would be an advantage.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here