Printhead Analysis Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000237
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
Purpose of Role
To organise / conduct the systematic dismantling, measurement, analysis and documentation of competitor printheads. The analysis will include
- Overall understanding of the product’s mode of operation.
- Critical dimensions requiring micron resolution measurements.
- Identification of materials and coatings.
- Identification of critical design features.
- Identify feasible processes used in the product’s manufacture.
- Estimation of component cost.
This is not a research role and will require excellent attention to detail combined with the ability to leverage the knowledge to support in-house developments.
- Identify sources for competitor products
- Carry out teardown activities
- Present results and analysis to the business
- Manage the supply of printheads and the process for lending
- Continually improve the processes and tools for printhead teardown and analysis
- Leverage knowledge gained
- Widen knowledge of inkjet technologies
- Staying focused on the end goal / deliverable
- Understanding the design and function of inkjet printheads; separating fact from opinion
- Working with very limited external information
- Working to tight deadlines
- Accessing internal and external resources to enable the work to happen
- Strongly motivated to understand why and how things work
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to develop systematic ways of doing things
- Ability to investigate and analyse complex systems in a methodical way
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems
- The ability to think across several technical disciplines
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide audience
Qualifications & Experience
- A good degree (2:1 or 1st) in a Scientific/Engineering discipline (e.g. physics, mechanical Engineering)
- Experience of ink jet printing would be a major advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
- A good understanding of physics, mechanical design and electronics
- Demonstrable track record of applying analytical techniques to solve real-world engineering problems
- Experience in the tools and techniques for product teardown would be highly advantageous
- Experience of manufacturing and design for manufacture would be highly advantageous
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here