Ref: AH/ 2000235
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
Purpose of Role
To support the internal IP team in
- Prior art searching (patent and scientific literature)
- Freedom to use searching
- Competitor watches
- Internal management of search information
- Design and carry out effective prior art and freedom to use searches
- Review patents and liaise with engineers as necessary
- Communicate results in a clear and concise manner
- Provide in house training to engineers on searching
- Management and reporting of competitor watches
- min 3 days/week to full time
- Management and sharing with engineers of sizable search data, also in our growing in house patent archive
- Effective communication and collaboration on strategy and results with engineers and inventors, responding appropriately to technical feedback
- Maintaining focus on a variety of matters to achieve a result in a timely manner and according to business needs
- A proactive individual able to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, with good organisational skills and the ability to work independently
- You will be able to interact and communicate effectively with key stakeholders, mentor new inventors and provide precise reports to management teams, and be able to work to tight deadlines whilst being adaptable to changes in priority
- You will have the ability to support our IP team and enhance the services it offers, demonstrating proactivity and motivational skills to solve issues as they arise
- The ideal person will need to be comfortable operating in a number of technical fields, including mechanical and electronics related subject matter
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to Degree level in one of Engineering (Mechanical or Electronic) or Physics, or with equivalent experience in the inkjet technology sector.
- Experience in prior art searching (including patents) and knowledge how to read patents desirable, experience with commercial search platforms and patent classification systems beneficial, as will be a good knowledge of French and German.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here