Inkjet Benchmarking Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000234
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
Purpose of Role
To organise / conduct the systematic testing of printers and printheads to establish print performance data, The objectives for this work include
- A detailed understanding of product performance in real-world conditions.
- Confirm performance specifications published by manufacturers.
- Understand key benefits / limitations of products.
- Understand the full user experience
- Out of box performance
- Initial setup
- Cost of ownership
- Understand how product features result in customer benefits.
- Understand the sensitivity of product performance to environmental factors e.g. ambient temperature, types of ink etc.
This is not a research role and will require excellent attention to detail combined with the ability to leverage the knowledge to support in-house development programmes.
- Identify sources for competitor products
- Identify the most appropriate method of product testing (including out-sourcing)
- Present results and analysis to the business
- Continually improve the processes and tools for quantifying print performance.
- Leverage knowledge gained.
- Widen knowledge of inkjet technologies.
- Ensuring complete and comparable sets of results.
- Ensuring that results are highly robust to scrutiny by both commercial and technical groups.
- Staying focused on the end goal / deliverable
- Understanding the design and function of inkjet printheads; separating fact from opinion.
- Working with very limited external information.
- Working to tight deadlines
- Accessing internal and external resources to enable the work to happen.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail.
- Practical yet methodical approach to product testing.
- Strongly data driven.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to develop systematic ways of doing things.
- Resourceful and proactive when solving problems.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide audience.
Qualifications & Experience
- A good degree (2:1 or 1st) in a relevant Scientific/Engineering discipline (e.g. physics, mechanical Engineering).
- Experience of ink jet printing would be a major advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- A practical understanding of physics, mechanical design and electronics.
- Demonstrable experience working with complex products at the user / customer level e.g. in test, support, technical training etc.
- Experience in product benchmarking would be highly advantageous.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here