Ref: AH/ 2000232
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
Purpose of Role
- To ensure the smooth running of equipment within an R&D test department
- Primary activities include supporting the Test Equipment Engineers in designing, building and upgrading equipment, carrying out maintenance, repair, calibration and certification on a wide variety of test kit. Secondary activities include ensuring sufficient stocks of spare parts. The technician will also carry out hardware and software upgrades on equipment when required
- A systematic approach and good attention to detail will be critical to this role.
- The role offers a wide variety of challenges and the chance to make a significant contribution to efforts of a dynamic team.
- Supporting engineers in building and upgrading equipment.
- Reactive support for urgent/unplanned repairs.
- Planned maintenance, calibration and certification activities. Keep stock of spare parts up to date.
- Ensure that kit is safe to operate, by carrying out safety related maintenance.
- Equipment fault diagnosis/problem solving.
- Keeping documentation and maintenance records up to date.
Key Internal Relationships
- Test equipment engineer
- Platform supervisors
- Test technicians and engineers depending on project
- Understanding the requirements of the test team and equipment
- Planning maintenance schedules around the test work
- Ability to work unsupervised for periods of time
- Flexibility to work out of hours if machines need maintenance
- Wide variety of equipment and tests
- Supporting test technicians to investigate issues with equipment
- Responding to unexpected changes in priorities
- The R&D department works to tight deadlines
- Flexible and organised
- Methodical approach
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems
- Good technical background and willing to learn
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A-level (or equivalent Level 2) Maths or Statistics
- A-level (or equivalent) Science or Physics
- HND, HNC, BTEC or NVQ level 3 equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline
- A good command of English
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Experience of test equipment maintenance
- PC knowledge
- Practical, hands-on maintenance skills i.e. replacing bearings, assembly and disassembly of mechanical systems etc
- Experience in digital print would be an advantage
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here