Actuator Modelling Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000230
Purpose of Role
Based in Cambridgeshire, our client is a world leader in industrial print systems development, and their technology is used worldwide in a wide range of print applications.
The company's drop on demand printhead technology is based on piezoelectric actuator technology.
You will be working on extending its capability by model actuators both using analytical and Finite Element modelling. The role includes:-
- Consolidate existing analytical actuator modelling techniques.
- Develop new multi-physics models for the company's Actuators.
- Confirming the validity of actuator models with experimental builds.
- Coordination of actuator modelling activities
- Delivery of actuator models to predict performance of new products.
Key Internal Relationships
- Actuator and Technology teams
- Modelling community within R&D
- Printheads and actuator test engineers
- Creating realistic actuator multi-physics models combining piezo-electric, acoustic fluid and mechanical modelling
- Achieving agreement between analytical and Finite Element Models
- Generating data to confirm correlation of models to actuator performance
A key part of this role is liaising with other teams, so good communication skills are essential. The building of relationships across the company will be essential to the successful completion of this role.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level, preferably, in Mechanical Engineering, maths or physics
- Experience at predicting performance of engineering devices by generating Multi-physics models
- Experience of both analytical and Finite Element modelling
- Preferable but not essential to have experience piezoelectric ink jet actuators
- Preferable but not essential to have experience with Comsol software.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here