Ref: AH/ 2000228
Salary: c. 35k
Purpose of Role:
You will be responsible for our client's network/hardware infrastructure, consisting of 20 physical servers, 20+ virtual servers, 35 desktops, 5 laptops and 4 printers. Also included is a Cyberoam Firewall, Wifi network, Dell and Netgear managed switches, Dell + EMC SAN systems and LTO 5 tape drives/ libraries.
You will be supporting both internal staff and remote access workers;
Managing backup, security and data protection policies;
Event monitoring and proactive incident prevention;
And producing supporting documentation to plan and maintain network/hardware infrastructure.
Most of the work will be conducted on site between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Planned, and occasionally emergency unplanned, out of hours work will be required to maintain environments without impacting business as usual.
Scope of Role:
- The jobholder reports to the Support Manager and takes responsibility and ownership for network/infrastructure operations, and incidents allocated.
- Ensures high levels of availability, recognizes efficiencies and makes recommendations, and conducts proactive monitoring and maintenance.
- Ensures problems are managed and root cause analysis is undertaken to prevent or reduce incidents and their impact
- Provides a point of contact for internal teams, and proactively manages an incident queue, sometimes within SLA.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure infrastructure is performing optimally and fully backed up and secure
- Manage VPN links and firewall ensuring remote workers have relevant access the internal infrastructure
- Take responsibility and ownership of Incidents allocated, and ensure that the end user and incident ticket is fully updated with progression and resolution detail
- Set up new users and furnish the necessary hardware to support their role (and decommission leavers)
- Monitor bandwidth and internet usage
- Ensure back up logs are maintained, and all company policies are adhered to
- Implement and maintain best practice
- Liaise between multiple teams to ensure all parties are consulted and kept informed about planned and unplanned work
- Provide day-to-day management of alerts and service/event management
- Maintain configuration library to track assets and components
- Work alongside Support Analysts to cross skill and work collaboratively where necessary
- Assist with hosting activities, e.g. hardware provision, bandwidth requirements, spam, anti-virus and security etc.
- Backup Administration
- Firewall + VPN management
- VMWare vSphere (v5.1)
- Change management / incident management
- SAN Management (Preferably Dell Equalogic)
- Windows Administration including Active Directory (2008), DNS and DHCP & GPO
- Network (TCPv4, v6, VPN, Switching Layer 2 and layer 3), subnetting
- MS Exchange 2010
- MS Office
- Oracle/SQL expertise advantageous but not a necessity
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Linux / Unix administration
- Cloud technologies
- Oracle Database experience
- VoIP Phone systems
- Disaster Recovery and Business continuity management
- Resilient to pressure and able to work within a multi-paced, environment;
- Able to prioritise tasks, and escalate any issues, to ensure a successful resolution;
- Strong communication skills underpinned by a professional manner;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Strong knowledge retention in order to expand own knowledge and understand the business strategy;
- Have a technical aptitude and keenness to explore areas for improvement;
- Be able to work autonomously as well as within a team;
- Deliver against specific timescales and/or SLAs;
- Must be able to respond quickly to urgent requests or escalations;
- Must be pragmatic with sound judgement and common sense
- Very high attention to detail and task oriented with the ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Customer focused (internal and external);
- Flexible and able to multi-task in order to deliver competing priorities and take direction from several sources;
- Self-starter, comfortable progressing a schedule of work without frequent supervision;
- Good logical and interpersonal skills;
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Comfortable working as part of a team;
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Personal integrity and confidentiality
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here