Ref: AH/ 2000224
Salary: to £27,000 + 5% bonus
The VNOC Engineer will provide 1st line and occasional 2nd line operational support for the two products supported by the Customer Operations team; Managed Video conferencing and IP Broadcasting Solutions. Each VNOC Engineer is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations and set-up of public and corporate video rooms. this entails providing customer support of video conferences including MCU utilisation and conference support, endpoint, network and core monitoring, troubleshooting, de-bugging to root cause, meet & greet services, data collection and conference transaction documentation.
The team operates 24/7; engineers working on the day shift must be fluent in French, ideally with a second European language. Spanish would be perfect.
A CRB check may be required
- Responsible for conference set-up, establishment, monitoring, tear-down and documentation. All times and issues must be documented according to current practices, including disconnect times, reconnect times, issues reported, and associated ticket numbers. Expected to exhibit professional qualities in video and audio correspondence and all written communication.
- Adhere to customer expectations and department SLA’s. Review the conference worksheet prior to the start of each shift and/or conference and provide the necessary set-up time to (a) honour each customer’s set-up requirements and (b) allow for ample set-up time depending on the complexity of each meeting. Customers expect conferences to start on time without exception.
- Being able to diagnose to root cause. Responsible for configuring new and maintaining existing customer rooms as part of on-boarding and the service delivery process as well as incident management. Partake in phantom conferences to train, focus, and test skill sets and troubleshooting competency.
- Escalate when required if a conference is not operating normally and resolution practices have not achieved normality according to the VNOC processes and procedures. If a conference is not operating normally and resolution practices have not achieved normality within one or two minutes, the VNOC Support Engineer must immediately employ Level 2 Help Desk Support.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring of the video conference throughout its duration. Be familiar with standard Main Control Unit operations and be able to support ad hoc conference requests of standard complexity.
- Work closely with partners and network department in order to assess and resolve systems and core issues quickly. Involved in on boarding new customers – liaising with project managers, putting in place solid operational procedures and training new users. To assist in the management of customer retention & revenue growth; required to build strong and effective relationships at a senior (and other relevant) level with customers through pro-active contact with the customer base (account reviews), resolution of non-operational issues / problems and uncover / exploit business opportunities.
- Works effectively as a team whether as part of a department or virtual project team. Oils the wheels for the team and fulfils own obligations and delivers on time and to team expectations.
- Contributes to a team discussion and decision-making
- Shares knowledge and experience with the members of the to support the team’s goal
- Ensures that others are able to perform related tasks or deliver related objectives
- Consistently provides subject matter expertise within area of specialism. Influences technical or commercial decision through depth of specialist knowledge.
- Keeps level of knowledge consistently up to date to ensure advice is reflective of the latest thinking/legislation
- Videoconferencing vendor experience in more than one supplier eg. Cisco/Tandberg/Polycom/Harris etc
- Is regarded as an “expert” and/acts as a mentor/coach to others in the Managed Video Conferencing & IP Broadcast environment
- Knowledge of video standards eg. H.323, H.263, H.264 etc.
- Networking capability for route cause analysis
- Working knowledge of ITIL v3 process & practises. Certification at this level would be ideal.
- Knowledge of fault management ticketing systems for example Remedy highly desirable.
- Able to identify issues, seek relevant data, recognise important information and be able to diagnose possible causes.
- Extrapolates trends from survey or performance data to proactively feed into decision-making
- Asks appropriate, probing questions to obtain the appropriate information
- Takes a logical and organised approach to problem solving
- Identifies the root cause of problems and takes positive action to prevent reoccurrence
- Responsible for the management and resolution of incidents such as latency, packet loss and intermittent service for corporate customers
- Is well organised and able to multi task effectively. Ensures deadlines are met and requests for information/support are provided within the agreed timescales.
- Prioritises effectively to ensure work is completed on time
- Responsive and follows through on agreed actions
- Administration is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Ability to develop and maintain strong operational relations with Customers balancing internal and external expectations.
- Effectively co-ordinates/manages relationships, satisfying agreed deliverables and managing expectations
- Ensures communication channels and processes are in place to effectively manage/monitor performance
- Anticipates needs and takes a proactive approach in addressing them
- Establishes empathy. Mixes well with others and creates a good impression.
- Quickly builds rapport with Customers and inspires confidence that their issues are being resolved/handled effectively
- Establishes a professional manner through initial dialogue and effectively continues to builds upon this
- Is able to confidently diffuse difficult situations
- Is able to perform effectively within changing environments. Modifies own behavioural style and approach in order to achieve results.
- Responds well to changing priorities and demonstrates personal involvement in new activities
- Embraces change to maximise operational and team effectiveness
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here