Problem Management Team Leader
Ref: AH/ 2000222
Salary: to £62k + 5% bonus
- Service restoration and fault resolution of Customer solutions from their managed data and IP voice product portfolio. This includes MPLS VPN, IP Access and associated overlay services, such as Application Performance Management (APM), and IPSec VPN, delivered over xDSL, EFM (copper and fibre), Leased Line, 3G and ISDN access technologies.
- The technical environment includes Cisco CPE (routers and switches), OneAccess and Zhone CPE, Ipanema APM devices, Cisco and Ericsson Redback PEs, Lucent Stinger and Actelis DSLAMs.
- Performing and documenting solution audits, including the management of the resultant fixes and quality improvements.
You will manage and support customer incidents at 3rd line as well as backbone incidents with vendor whilst implementing workaround and permanent correction within SLA. With responsibility for the people management of a team of approximately 3 engineers, you will provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to all team members.
this role is approximately 80% leadership and management of the Problem Management team, and 20% hands-on Problem Management.
- ensure availability of services and minimise the impact of incidents and problems when these occur. Respond to any escalation within the agreed SLA timescales and take ownership of and manage the issue in a timely manner.
- Work with large national and international service managed customers, principally MPLS VPNs solutions. Employ expert level troubleshooting skills focusing on MPLS VPN’s. Where appropriate, lab testing of problems and corrective actions prior to implementing on a customer solution prior to resolving the underlying problem a technical authority and point of escalation within Service Assurance.
- Service Assurance solution sign-off for new bid and low level technical documentation.
- Investigate, research, diagnose and document underlying problems to identify possible permanent corrections.
- Implement permanent corrections to ensure minimum impact to the customer service availability through ITIL Change & Release procedures.
- proactively identify and investigate re-occurring problems for customer solutions. Implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Work closely with the different Engineering teams to continuously improve our customer solutions/products/ backbone network infrastructure
- Responsible for all line management tasks for your team
- Responsible for all performance targets for the Problem Management team
- Act as a mentor for team members.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas:
- Solutions: MPLS VPN, Internet access (NAT, no NAT)
- Routing Protocols: RIPv2, OSPF, BGP, (Redistribution, Optimization)
- Quality of Service: CBWFQ, WRED, PQ, L2/L3 QoS (Classification/Queuing) VoIP and Video
- Tunnelling: GRE, L2TP, IPSec, L2-Tunnels, Pseudo-wires
- Routers: Cisco ISR 8xx, 18xx, 28xx, 38xx, 7206 VXR, 7304 NSE-100, 7606, 7609 (Capabilities)
- Switches: Cisco 3550, 3560, 3750, 7606, 7609 (Capabilities)
- ADSL and SDSL Infrastructure: Physical, ATM, LLU architecture, Optimization
- Ethernet Infrastructure: Switching, VLAN, Spanning Tree
- Transmission: Lease Line, SDH, Ethernet, Frame-relay
- Dial-on Demand: ISDN, 3G/UMTS, PPP CHAP Authentication
- ITIL: Incident, Problem and Change Management process and procedures
- logical and organised approach
- problem identification and resolution skills
- Proven experience of Root Cause Analysis (ITIL, Ishikawa, Kepner-Tregoe)
- Proven record of recommending and implementing successful corrective action
- Proven documentation skills (Presentation, Language, Diagrams)
- Customer Facing Skills (Presentations, White boarding)
- excellent communication skills at all levels
QualificationsThe role requirements are suited to a candidate with both knowledge of both Cisco and ITIL process and procedures, it is therefore recommended that a successful candidate is accredited in both areas.
Cisco Qualifications in order of preference:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional SP (CCNP SP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
ITIL Qualifications in order of preference
- ITIL Version 2
- Practitioner: Problem Management
- Practitioner: Other Service Support Disciplines
- Practitioner: Service Delivery Disciplines
- ITIL Version 3
- Capability Stream
- Lifecycle Stream
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here