Test Engineering Manager
Ref: AH/ 2000212
Location: North Herts
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative Test and Measurement organisation with in- house product design and manufacturing.
You will be working with cutting edge technologies on world leading hardware modules and assist with the development of parametric automated test systems.
You will be an integral part of a highly skilled team developing high quality fully automated test suites for a wide range of highly competitive hardware modules through to full products.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Purpose of Role:
To lead the Test Engineering group to develop and maintain automated test systems for our product lines to meet Engineering, Manufacturing and Service requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of the test engineering department of 8-10 people
- Personnel management and capital asset management
- Overall responsibility for the design of automated test systems for Engineering, Manufacturing and Service test systems
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Service to determine and generate requirements for these test systems
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the design of existing test systems
- Responsible for the software development processes within the Test Engineering group
- Responsible for leading the development of the software architectures for future test systems
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Service managers to provide agreed timescales and deliverables
- Responsible for the overall design of the test flow for new products and projects
Essential Skills & Experience
- Honours Degree preferably in Software Engineering or Electronics
- Previous experience of developing test software architectures and processes for testing for use in a manufacturing test environment
- Project planning and people management skills
- Competent procedural programmer in C++ and C#
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and .NET
- Knowledge of RF Test & Measurement instrumentation
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work and support various teams and programs simultaneously
- Knowledge of Visual Basic 6
- RF Metrology knowledge
- Database development
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here