Test Development Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000211
Location: North Herts
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative Test and Measurement organisation with in- house product design and manufacturing.
You will be working with cutting edge technologies on world leading hardware modules and assist with the development of parametric automated test systems.
You will be an integral part of a highly skilled team developing high quality fully automated test suites for a wide range of highly competitive hardware modules (PXI) through to full products.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Purpose of Role:
To develop and maintain software for controlling automated test systems used for the production of our client's leading edge RF Test and Measurement products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Writing, maintaining and debugging code for automated production test systems
- Producing and maintain test documentation and user instructions for the tests
- Develop code as per test specifications and verify its functionally
- Work to project plans and produce deliverables within the required time schedule
- Ensure software is well structured, maintainable and accessible using the company’s source control system
- Control RF Test and Measurement equipment using GPIB, PXI, USB, LAN
- Produce adjustment and calibration routines to meet Product Specifications
- HNC or Degree in Electronics Engineering or Computing
- Previous experience of developing test software for use in a manufacturing test environment
- Competent procedural programmer in C# (Visual Basic 6 desirable)
- Experience with GPIB, USB, Ethernet and RS232
- Knowledge of RF Test & Measurement instrumentation
- Self motivated team player who is able to work independently and on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work and support various teams and programs simultaneously
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here