Principal Software Test (RAV) Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000210
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative Test and Measurement organisation with in-house product design and manufacturing.
You will be working with cutting edge technologies on world leading hardware modules and assisting with the development of parametric automated test systems. The emphasis of this role is software based.
You will be an integral part of a highly skilled team developing software tests for high quality fully automated test suites, covering a wide range of highly competitive PXI hardware modules and supporting software through to full products.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Purpose of Role:
To develop and maintain test software for a wide range of cellular and non-cellular test and measurement applications used in our client's leading edge RF Test and Measurement products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop tests for verifying the functionality of the company’s wireless measurement software.
- Writing, maintaining and debugging code for automated test systems.
- Producing and maintaining test documentation.
- Develop code in an object orientated language as per test specifications and verify its functionally.
- Integrate tests into the automated test system.
- Work to project plans and produce deliverables within the required time schedule.
- Ensure software is well structured, maintainable and accessible using our source control system.
- Control RF Test and Measurement equipment using GPIB, PXI, USB and LAN
Requirements & Experience
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or Computing
- Previous experience of developing test software for use in an automated test environment
- Competent procedural programmer in an object orientated and scripting languages
- Knowledge of RF Test and Measurement instrumentation
- Understanding of cellular and non-cellular radio standards
- Experience of testing cellular and non-cellular radio standards
- Self motivated team player who is able to work independently and on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work and support various teams and programs simultaneously
- Previous exposure to the Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF)
- Some experience of PHP and SQL databases, C# and Python
- ISTQB-ISEB Software Testing Intermediate, though an Advanced Certificate would be preferred
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here