Principal DSP Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000209
Location: North Herts
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative Test and Measurement organisation with in-house product design and manufacturing.
You will have the opportunity to work on market leading wireless, cellular and connectivity standards (WLAN, 80211AC, LTE, LTE-Advanced, HSPA+) on the company’s innovative and technically superior product.
You will design and develop signal processing software for test and measurement applications covering all stages of product lifecycle through to delivery, working on technical challenging world leading wireless standards (LTE-A through to WLAN – 802.11 AC/AD).
The Signal processing development (using C coding language) applies to the Physical layer development for the latest evolving 3GPP Wireless standards coupled with integration into a world class technical team makes this the ideal environment for solving technical challenges while creating room for innovation. Autonomy and a high level of technical ownership are part of the role
The Digital Signal Processing group works closely with our client’s in-house VHDL and Algorithms groups.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Purpose of Role:
Development of signal processing algorithms that are a key component of our client's Wireless Test and Measurement equipment which is used to analyse the latest wireless standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, development and implementation of signal processing algorithms to analyse the latest wireless RF technologies, such as LTE and 802.11ac
- Understand market and technical requirements
- Ensure that measurements adhere to published wireless standards
- Mentoring more junior team members
Requirements & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in an electronic engineering, telecommunications, digital processing or similar discipline
- Strong mathematical capability with an in-depth understanding of DSP techniques
- Excellent C skills with a working knowledge of Matlab
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Must be adaptable and thrive on the dynamic technology changes occurring in the wireless environment
- Self motivated team player who is able to work independently and on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate confidently both written and verbally
- Ability to produce high quality technical documents
- Digital signal processing experience gained in mobile or base station design
- Experience with the interpretation of wireless specifications
- Knowledge of RF test and measurement techniques
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here