RAV Test Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000208
Location: North Herts
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative Test and Measurement organisation with in-house product design and manufacturing.
Regression and Validation (RAV) is a vital part of all our client’s products. Their large software roadmap product relies heavily on RAV for improving stability, gating quality and incrementally enhances the company’s products.
This role provides the opportunity to join the company’s highly integrated, technically skilled RAV group and participate in developing high quality automated test suites for a wide range of highly complex wireless telecommunication equipment.
You will be working with cutting edge technologies (LTE, LTE-Advanced, HSPA+) on world leading telecommunications products and assisting with the development of automated regression test systems.
The RAV group operates autonomously but works very closely with Engineering and the Algorithm development group. This position is technically challenging and opens the door for a vast number of career opportunities in the organisation ranging from Engineering through to field application engineers.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Purpose of Role:
Working in the Regression and Validation (RAV) team, to develop test case and testing the company’s LTE test mobile product line using in house test tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Familiarise themselves with the Test Mobile and create functional and stress tests in L1, L2 and L3 mode, and contribute to the design, development and execution of test cases, test plans and test suites
- Use of version control tools such as ClearCase and testing in an automated environment
- Report defects into the appropriate bug tracking tool and follow them through to final resolution
- Experience of working in a technical discipline, preferably within a cellular environment.
- Previous experience of 3GPP LTE testing - handsets or eNBs
- Have a systems level understanding of Cellular Communications.
- Essential to have a test development background.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of software test tools and processes.
- Experience of using Matlab and configuration control tools, eg ClearCase, Python, Perl, ClearQuest.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a can do attitude.
- Able to work effectively alone, whilst being a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure, and provide good quality work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates solid aptitude for solution finding.
- Educated to degree level.
- Possess an understanding of Layer 1, 2 and 3 of 3GPP Release 5, 6 and 8.
- Python experience.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here