Ref: AH/ 2000207
Location: North Herts
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative Test and Measurement organisation with in-house product design and manufacturing.
The Algorithms Group works closely with our client’s Digital Signal Processing and VHDL groups.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Purpose of Role:
To contribute to the Algorithms Group carrying out core algorithms development, mathematical system analysis, modelling and simulation, test tools development and performance analysis optimisation for all UK Engineering programmes including the company’s leading edge test mobile product family, used in the design cycle of most of the 3G/LTE/4G base stations in the world.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop, maintain the in-house engineering test tools that are of huge importance as the reference implementation for the rest of the company, such as test vector generators and layer analysers.
- To design the test strategy to define the test cases/scenarios for our client’s products development and to perform the test-vector exchange with customers to gain common understanding on the specification
- To track all major wireless technology standards and specifications attending 3GPP meetings, technical workshop and conference creating visiting report extracting relevant information for the company’s technology and business developments
- To analyse and evaluate system and product performance (via simulation/target measurements) to ensure the product is compliant to standard and customer requirements. To carry out end to end system performance engineering, ensuring system and product performance for every step of the product cycle from product concept, modelling and simulation, architecture mapping, design and implementation, testing and validation and to customer trouble shooting
- To develop core algorithms for various wireless communication engineering areas including RF baseband, DSP; this includes mathematical modelling and simulation of all necessary aspects in the wireless systems
Requirements & Experience
- Understanding of wireless system engineering and software engineering
- Experience of detailed simulating and modelling communication systems at link level/system level simulation
- Good understanding of wireless communication standards GSM, WCDMA, LTE/LTE-A in different physical layer aspects, eg: 1) physical layer procedure (Cell Search, RACH, RRM measurement), Power Control, HARQ process/re-transmission, HO), 2) channel coding (Turbo convolution coding) 3) physical channels and modulation
- Self motivated team player who is able to work independently and on own initiative
- Essential organisational skills
- Ability to communicate confidently both written and verbally
- Ability to work and support various teams and programs simultaneously
- Good first degree or MEng/MSc in engineer or science with work related experience
- Experience with the interpretation of wireless specifications
- Hands-on experience on simulation for the latest wireless technology (Eg CoMP, MIMO, ICIC)
- PhD in a wireless communications related subject
- Good understanding of working principles/properties of transceiver (eg AGC, AFC, ADC, DAC, Dynamic Range, EVM, Noise Figure, ACLR)
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here