PC Applications Engineer
Location: North Herts
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative organisation with in- house product design and manufacturing.
You will be working with cutting edge technologies on world leading products. The PC applications software group uses the latest Windows development tools to contribute to the development of the GUI, control and measurement features in innovative, high performance, powerful products.
You will be working on the requirements capture, design, implementation and test of the PC applications providing control and logging and measurement capabilities for mobile products.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Duties & Responsibilities
Requirement capture, design, implementation and test of the PC applications providing control and logging and measurement capabilities for mobile products.
Background & Essential Skills:
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
- Previousexperience working in a mobile communications or instrumentation environment
- Knowledge of LTE and HSPA+, especially at Layer 3
- Extensive experience of implementation using C# and .NET
- Proficiency in OO based analysis and design
- Proficiency in Visual Studio in a PC development environment, including debugging
- Experience of developing multi-threaded and socket based applications
- Experience of WPF
- Ability to write clear, portable, maintainable and efficient code
- Ability to write concise and accurate documentation
- Ability and willingness to work methodically within a defined process to produce high quality software
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Cooperative team player, who is pragmatic and adaptable
- Has the ability to show initiative and be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communications skills
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here