Senior Development Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000200
Our client owns, develops and licences a powerful new digital printing process targeted primarily at commercial and industrial applications such as package decoration. The company works closely with industry leaders in the key target sectors in order to commercialise its technology and bring the benefits of digital printing to the high volume, multi-billion dollar markets where cost, reliability and throughput are critical factors. The company is part of our client's group; based in East Herts, they are Europe’s leading independent product and technology development and licensing organisation.
As part of a project team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and test of current and future products. This is a hands-on position that will involve you in all aspects of design, assembly and testing of the digital printing system. Your job will be to conceptualise, design, implement and validate subsystems and systems solutions to enable the company to produce and deliver quality products to the digital colour printing market.
- Experience planning, designing, prototyping, creating and performing test plans, analysing results, and implementing solutions for cutting edge products
- Experience in producing robust designs for static and dynamic systems.
- Experience designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and performance
- Experience in analysing customer requirements and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and effort needed to deliver a high quality product designs or applications embodying these requirements.
- Experience working with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide required technical information to manufacture, operate and support the printing system.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Able to identify, quantify and resolve subsystem and system issues working as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to verify subsystem or system performance through empirical testing as well analytical models.
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- A proven track record working as a senior development engineer within a New Product Development and Introduction team.
- Candidates must have a degree in mechanical, production, electronic, materials or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Expert knowledge in CAD tools, preferably with Solids Works
- Preferred candidates will have strong knowledge and experience in ink jet ink system and printhead integration development
- Motivated by working in new cutting edge technology
- Candidates should display good problem solving / troubleshooting skills and experience
- Strong skills as a team player and as a results oriented, constructive team member
- Able to develop strong cross-functional working relationships
- Able to work in a results oriented, fast pace environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Organised, self-motivated, and enjoy multi-tasking.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here