Senior Electronics Development Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000199
Our client owns, develops and licences a powerful new digital printing process targeted primarily at commercial and industrial applications such as package decoration. The company works closely with industry leaders in the key target sectors in order to commercialise its technology and bring the benefits of digital printing to the high volume, multi-billion dollar markets where cost, reliability and throughput are critical factors. The company is part of our client's group; based in East Herts, they are Europe’s leading independent product and technology development and licensing organisation.
As part of a project team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and test of the drive and control electronics and firmware for use with current and future products. This is a hands-on position that will involve you in all aspects of design, assembly and testing of the digital printing system. Your job will be to conceptualise, design, implement and validate subsystems and systems solutions to enable the company to produce and deliver quality products to the digital colour printing market.
- Experience designing analogue and digital hardware in areas of high speed, high integration circuit design and precision instrumentation techniques
- Expert knowledge and experience with FPGA design using VHDL
- Experience holding, as well as attending, design reviews, and recording the outcome to enable changes to be captured effectively
- Demonstrated ability to produce requirements specifications, test plans/specifications, and other documentation associated with product development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with suppliers, distributors and sub contractors to ensure timely delivery of printed circuit boards and components
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- Experience working as a senior development engineer within a New Product Development and Introduction team.
- Candidates must have a degree in physics, electronic or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Expert knowledge in FPGA software simulation tools
- Preferred candidates will have strong knowledge and experience in designing drive and control electronics for ink jet ink systems and printhead.
- Motivated by working in new cutting edge technology
- Candidates should display good problem solving / troubleshooting skills and experience
- Strong skills as a team player and as a results oriented, constructive team member
- Able to develop strong cross-functional working relationships
- Able to work in a results oriented, fast pace environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Organised, self-motivated, and enjoy multi-tasking.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here