Ref: AH/ 2000198
Location: East Herts
Our client is seeking RF engineers to work on demanding and exciting projects in the RF sector within the Wireless and Communications Group. Projects undertaken tend to be highly complex bespoke developments that require innovative approaches and thinking.
In addition to RF experience, the candidates will have flexible skills in general electronics development to adapt to the broad variety of projects our client undertakes. In addition, they are looking for candidates that have the potential to lead projects, interface with clients and the ability to help grow the business into new areas.
- An outstanding academic foundation, ideally a PhD, 1st or 2.1 honours degree in a related engineering or science discipline.
- Demonstrable capability in system-level design of radio hardware including:
- design to meet customer and regulatory requirements;
- system level implementation of software defined radio, A to D and D to A conversion and DSP techniques;
- good understanding of the interactions between radio, baseband and software systems
- Experience of simulation and modelling tools, such as those used within the communications group, e.g.
- ADS – RF simulation
- CST – 3D electromagnetic simulation and antenna design
- Matlab – system level and digital simulation
- Detailed design of RF circuits for cost sensitive products, including:
- frequency synthesis
- gain stages including LNAs, drivers and power amplifiers
- mixers and Modulators
- peripheral circuits such as power management and control
- antenna design
- Bench skills including:
- a methodical measurement approach
- circuit and system debugging
- soldering skills with fine pitch components
Personal qualities needed:
- A desire to solve difficult technical problems within tight commercial deadlines,
- Excellent communications, presentation and team working interpersonal skills typically working in teams of 5 engineers of different disciplines.
- A methodical, considered, and pragmatic approach to development and problem solving.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here