Consultant Mechanical Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000194
Location: East Herts
Our client is seeking an experienced project leader with excellent mechanical engineering skills to lead and operate demanding development projects, and to take a role in building new business. The successful candidate will have first class technical and communication skills, experience at leading large multidisciplinary projects and an interest in and aptitude for developing new business.
The Applied Science Group is a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers, developing leading-edge technologies and products based on them. Their work includes development of micro-mechanical, piezoelectronic, fluidic and optical devices for markets ranging from healthcare to consumer products.
- Deliver results as project and technical leader of development programmes, using your extensive engineering experience to make sound technical and project decisions while controlling timelines and budgets in demanding product developments.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of client communication and management, focussing on the clients’ needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to develop new business through individual and team efforts, building relationships with international clients to achieve both repeat and new business.
- A 1st or 2.1 degree from a leading university.
- A proven track record in mechanical engineering and product development, demonstrated through a portfolio of commercialised products.
- Excellent communication and client management skills.
- The ability to lead multi-disciplinary science and engineering teams.
- The ability to deliver challenging technical and product developments to budget and specification on short timescales.
- Strong market awareness and a capability to indentify and develop new business opportunities.
- Process engineering experience an advantage.
- Participating in a fast moving, world class business, with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the success and growth of the business.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Professional development into a variety of technical, business and leadership roles.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here