Ref: AH/ 2000193
Location: East Herts
Our client is seeking a technically excellent, creative mechanical engineer with both an aptitude and interest in commercial technology and product development to join the team. The successful candidate will have top-level academic credentials and demonstrated drive and commitment.
The Applied Science Group ais a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers, developing leading-edge technologies and products based on them. The work includes development of micro-mechanical, piezoelectronic, fluidic and optical devices for markets ranging from healthcare to consumer products.
- Apply mechanical engineering skills to create innovative and effective solutions to real-world problems, working on and leading demanding technology and product development projects.
- Participate in client meetings, communication, and management.
- Take responsibility for best in class project delivery.
- Actively seek involvement in the development of new business through creation of new ideas and identification of opportunities.
- Mechanical engineer with a 1st or 2.1 degree from a leading university.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering and real-world experience in areas including fluidics, structures, design, dynamics, materials and thermodynamics.
- Exceptional analytical, practical and creative skills.
- The drive and ability to excel in a fast paced, client-facing role.
- Project management and commercial experience an advantage.
- Participating in a fast moving, world class business, with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the success and growth of the business.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Professional development into a variety of technical, business and leadership roles.
The ideal candidate would have been working in a product development environment and have seen at least 3 products through to production. This includes both the early stage R&D and latter stage process development. The projects will have been highly challenging requiring them to make substantial technological breakthroughs.
They will have taken on responsibility for delivery of a substantial part of such developments and have a knowledge of project management techniques. This would include an exceptional risk management capability
They will be able to show excellent technical skills. In particular, they have maintained their analytical skills at an exceptionally high level. They will also be practical problem solvers and be highly competent at lab work.
They will have been responsible for managing suppliers and have a knowledge of commercial terms of engagement. They will have an awareness of delivery a project for a stakeholder (ideally external).
They will have looked beyond the norm challenging themselves and those around them with new ideas and opportunities both technically and commercially.
Their career will have shown constant progression. This ambition, energy and enthusiasm will remain.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here