Human Factors and Design Research Consultant
Ref: AH/ 2000192
Location: East Herts
Our client has a global reputation for excellence in the development of drug delivery, surgical and diagnostic devices.
The Medical Devices Group is looking for talented and inquisitive individuals to broaden their Human Factors and User Research capabilities. The successful candidates will have a passion for improving products for their users, discovering and applying research insights during every stage of the design process from exploration to industrialisation.
As a Human Factors Consultant,you will be part of a team of creative human factors experts, engineers, physicists and designers delivering successful products to market.
- An understanding and experience of qualitative and quantitative human factors research methods, and the ability to tailor these to project needs
- The ability to engage both internal and external project teams through insights and expertise
- The aptitude to translate research insights into relevant development directions
- The ability to present information creatively, both verbally and visually
- Have a high level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Experience and an interest in medical device development would be beneficial, including knowledge of relevant human factors standards and documentation
- Additional foreign languages are an advantage
Experience and training:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in science or engineering
- A specialism in human factors, ergonomics, cognitive psychology, usability, anthropology, product interaction or product design, through experience or training
- The planning and design of research and human factors activities and projects
- Contextual and controlled fieldwork
- Facilitation of interviews, workshops, brainstorms and meetings, with key stakeholders
- Design and conduct research studies globally (can require travel)
- Analysis and translation of research findings
- Report and present insights and recommendations for design directions
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Professional development into a variety of technical, business and leadership roles
- Participation in a fast moving company with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the success and growth of the group
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here