QA Manager - Software
Ref: AH/ 2000187
Location: West Berks
Salary: To £50k + Car Allowance £5781 + Bonus up to 8%
Plus mobile phone and laptop, company gym and canteen
3 months' probation, after which benefits include:
- Pension (7% Employer, 2% employee)
- Critical Illness cover
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
Based in West Berkshire, our client is a market leading software company providing trading and financial software environments. Continued success has created this new position. The role may involve travel within the UK and overseas, and a valid driving licence is essential.
The QA Manager will provide leadership and technical guidance to the global QA organisation in the delivery of all software products to satisfy business and customer needs. You will maintain ownership for ensuring that all commitments are delivered on time, to specification and with appropriate quality. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of driving the product QA strategy, working with your peers across the business in an open and collaborative environment.
- Provide leadership for a team of QA engineers including analysts, automation engineers & technical authors
- Review test deliverables/artefacts for coverage & suitability, using experience and expertise to recommend and agree the test approach at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Proactively identify and raise risks and opportunities for improvement across all areas of Product QA to senior management and take ownership for driving to the agreed solution.
- Oversee development lifecycle framework, analysing product and business risks to ensure the test coverage is appropriate.
- Have ownership for release planning and drive for high-value and high-quality solutions that meet business needs
- Demonstrate and champion industry best practices and drive for continuous improvement in products and development processes
- Ensure that all work implemented and included in a product release (test plans, test cases, test results and change requests) is implemented to specification, schedule and high quality, achieving this by applying QA best practice suggestions
- Influence design decisions to ensure a testable and maintainable product.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Line management of teams of at least 5 test engineers, co-ordinating activities of others/the team
- Successfully owning, planning and driving projects from inception to completion
- Knowledge of industry standard test methodologies, tools and processes for software development
- Full project lifecycle - specification to delivery
- Detailed knowledge of the testing responsibilities and processes within the Software Development Lifecycle
- Requirements negotiation - functionality vs. schedule
- Using Test Automation tools to create test scripts, based on manual test steps (using tools such as QTP or WinRunner, or languages such as Perl or Python)
- Turning high level estimates into detailed test plans for others to execute
- Tracking deliverables of the team against test plan and external milestones
- Experience of manual execution of test cases to test a complex application or component in a commercial environment
- Writing and amending test cases in order to test the functionality of software against specifications and ensure coverage across projects.
- Generating high level estimates of test effort, based on product requirements and/or functional specifications
- Reviewing test estimates from team/other engineers to ensure appropriate coverage and risk
- Identifying hardware and operating system requirements from functional specifications
- Analytical with an eye for detail, a natural problem solver with a continuous improvement ethos
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here