Embedded Software Engineer
Ref: AH/ 2000182
Location: North Herts
Salary: negotiable dep. on experience
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company with fast track personal career development opportunities for the right candidate, in an innovative organisation with in-house product design and manufacturing. Join a world leading, highly skilled embedded software group where you will participate in the development of real time embedded software for innovative, high performance, powerful products.
This role within the embedded software group offers extremely technically challenging work in order to keep abreast of the latest evolving wireless standards (LTE, LTE Advanced, 4 G and 5G). The product supports the leading edge of 3GPP wireless standards. It is a stimulating and technically challenging environment where time to market, future proofing and scalability all makes this role an exciting challenge. This position will give candidates the opportunity for innovation while solving technical challenging requirements.
Our client offers excellent benefits to employees, including friendly working hours to allow you to achieve a flexible work/life balance, 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays, childcare voucher scheme, free on-site parking, company pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, discounted local gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, subsidised staff restaurant – and even free refreshments!
Purpose of role:
To assist in the development of real-time embedded software for the product range, in particular for the control and logging infrastructure and Layer 1 controller for LTE protocol stack development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Design, implement and test of complete real-time embedded components forming part of the LTE protocol stack in the mobile product.
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics or Communication Engineering or a similar discipline
- Experience working on LTE and UMTS either in handset or basestation development as a design and implementation role
- Experience of real-time embedded application development using the C programming language
- Experience in using VxWorks or similar embedded real time operating system
- Experience of ASN.1 encoding/decoding
- Knowledge of basic principles of LTE L2 and L1
- Knowledge of LTE network architecture, bearer management and IMS
- Experience of IP based data applications, such as FTP, HTTP, RTP
- Ability to write clear, portable, maintainable and efficient code
- Ability to write concise and accurate documentation
- Ability and willingness to work methodically within a defined process to produce high quality software
- Knowledge of ClearCase and ClearQuest
- Cooperative team player, who is pragmatic and adaptable
- Has the ability to show initiative and be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communications skills
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here