Technical Pre-sales Consultants
Ref: AH/ 2000
Location: West Berks
Salary: c. £30k + £6k car allowance +bonus +VG benefits / Senior roles to 35k
Based in west Berkshire, my client is a market leading software company offering software environments for specialist Distribution, Wholesale, Merchant and Retail industry sectors, addressing single- or multi-branch operations, as well as catering for organisations with 'point-of-sale' showrooms and warehouses.
In this role, you will work within the Sales Engineering team, building software demonstrations to meet customer requirements.
- You will be responsible for building reports, dashboards and workplaces to demonstrate our client's capability to meet customers’ information needs.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and configuration of the company's web based product builder, ensuring that data, rich content and the site skin are configured to reflect the customers operating requirements and aspirations.
- You will manage the technical aspects of the sales demonstration platforms, both in-house and on mobile platforms such as laptops and other tablet devices.
- You will also work closely with the development team to ensure that latest features are incorporated. In this respect, you will also liaise with the PSG team to ensure that appropriate resources are scheduled for installations, backups, upgrades, migrations, etc.
Knowledge & Experience:
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the construction of reports and dashboards using BI products such as Cognos, Phocas, QlikView and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports and Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals and maintain an effective working relationship within a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure with limited time and direction and to work to deadlines
- Be adaptable, work conscientiously and use own initiative
- Adopt a positive, pro-active attitude to work
- Ability to recognise how, when and to whom an issue should be escalated
- Working with the Sales Engineering team to build solutions for both sales presentations and to enhance core demonstration capabilities.
- Attending workshops with customers and prospects to gain a thorough understanding of business requirements.
- Building software presentations that demonstrate to our client's customers that their solutions can meet requirements and understand what they need to achieve.
- Working closely with both internal Development and PSG teams to develop customer propositions, you will ensure that the business understands the real requirements and will work closely to ensure that the best available solutions, some of which may be latest developments, are implemented to meet their need.
- Ensuring that the latest developments are incorporated into our client's demonstration systems and working closely with the Development team to adopt exciting new features.
- Managing the IT infrastructure for the core demonstration systems and scheduling installations, backups and upgrades to these and the mobile and tablet demonstration systems as required.
- Building templates to upload data to the core trading system, maintaining the core demonstration data sets in order to ensure that our client's systems best represents a live trading environment.
- The role may involve travel within the UK and overseas.
- A valid driving licence is essential.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate, it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
To email us about this vacancy, please click here